Restructuring & Insolvency
Offers dispute resolution advice with significant experience in restructuring and insolvency, as well as contentious employment issues. Also known for its debt recovery work.
(Chambers Europe, Dispute Resolution, 2016)
We have extensive experience and a broad practice in the field of restructuring, recovery and insolvency.
Legal services include:
- Debt Restructuring
- Corporate Restructuring
- Creditor and Debtor Representation
- Cross-border Insolvency Proceedings
- Rehabilitation Proceedings
Our team’s experience includes:
- Assisting KPMG Baltics SIA, administrator of Latvian bank, AS Latvijas Krājbanka, in the bank’s insolvency process, inter alia, providing advice on possibilities to restructure loan liabilities in the total amount of more than EUR 20 million, including opinions on conformity of security established for performance of debt obligations, exercising of security interest, other debt recovery or restructuring options, client representation before court.
- Advising AS UniCredit Bank with respect to repossession of assets from distressed loans on regular basis including issuing legal opinions, preparation of documents and representing bank’s interests in litigation proceedings, insolvency proceedings and public auctions.
- Assisting AS DNB Banka with respect to restructuring of loans, including drafting of respective agreements, issuing legal opinions and representing the bank’s interests in litigation proceedings. Since 2011 the firm has rendered legal advice with respect to restructuring of loans in the total amount of over EUR 15 million.
- Advice to Jyske bank AS (the third largest Danish bank in terms of market share) on taking over of loans and securities from insolvent bank SPAREKASSEN LOLLAND A/S and on restructuring of multiple loans to a group of companies in Latvia in agricultural industry.
- Represented the clients in the liquidation process of AS Trasta Komercbanka in respect of recovery of deposits from the bank under liquidation.
- Assisting Riga Airport Commercial Development AS, Riga International Airport operator, in recovering debts from several debtors.
- Representing Latvian Snacks SIA, a PEPSICO Group company, in debt recovery and insolvency proceedings of several its debtors.
- Advising Lehman Brothers Real Estate Partners (LBREP) on corporate matters related to companies registered in Latvia, where LBREP had invested financial resources.
- Representing the creditor Marly’s Confezioni S.p.A, a world-famous producer of clothing, in relations with its debtor in Latvia.
- Advised one of the biggest companies in Latvia providing international passenger traffic by railway in debt restructuring process with SEB bank AS in the amount of around 20 million EUR.