Intellectual Property, Media and IT Law
“Clients note the ‘very high service level’ and ‘real practical knowledge’.”
(Legal500, Intellectual Property, 2011)
Intellectual property (IP) is of key importance for any successful business operating locally or worldwide. Through the years we have developed a substantial practice in this area and can offer our clients’ legal support in an array of matters related to intellectual property, media and IT law.
We have been acting for our clients in the intense negotiations of license agreements of trademarks and other IP rights, represented our clients in disputes regarding the unauthorized use of one’s IP rights and assisted in the transfer and acquisition of various IP rights. Our services also include registration, protection, implementation and enforcement of intellectually property rights and all services related to IP transactions.
The scope of our intellectual property practice helps our clients to extract and enjoy maximum value from their intellectual property rights while minimizing the costs and possible risks.
Legal services include:
- Copyright and related rights
- Designs & databases
- Protection of know-how
- Data protection & privacy
- Domain names
- IP transactions (transfers, licensing, non-disclosure and confidentiality)
Our team’s experience includes:
- Representation of the leading soft drink producer PepsiCo. Inc. in domain name dispute and successful recovery of country-code top-level domain name pepsi.lv
- Advising Dokdata, company providing archiving, document destruction, storage and scanning services in Lithuania, in negotiations of 2 master franchise agreements for Lithuania with huge international German capital group Reisswolf.
- Assisting AmberStone Group AS (a subsidiary of ABLV Bank, one of the largest private banks in the Baltic states, operating as holding company, managing its own investments) on daily basis, including on intelectual property related matters.
- Advising the biggest ticket lottery organizer in Lithuania in protection and enforcement of its intellectual property rights in more than five cases regarding the use of company’s trademarks without the prior client’s consent.
- Advising SAF Tehnika, microwave carrier-class point-to-point radio manufacturers, publicly traded in NASDAQ OMX Riga Stock Exchange, on trademark and other intellectual property issues.
- Represented a snack producer CHIPITA INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL COMPANY SA, in an out-of-court settlement of a trade mark dispute related to the use of designation `Bake Rolls` by a local producer of bread chips.
- Advising a major Baltic IT and computer hardware group Blue Bridge in performing registration of the first dynamic trademark at the State patent bureau of Lithuania.
- Assisting Greenworld Fuels (a UK based company producing fuel grade ethanol from municipal solid waste) in entering into a licence agreement on intellectual property rights and use of the new production technology.
- Providing legal advice to a private investor as to the planned purchase of a regional TV station, inter alia, carrying out of legal due diligence of the target company.
- Advising a researcher and producer of herbal dietary supplements in relation to the development of food products and dietary supplements, made from cannabis sativa plat, for launching them in other countries.
- Advising advanced home appliances distributor in the Baltics Arte Domestica and preparing all legal documentation for client’s new web and online shop, as well as advice on introduction of new international trademarks into Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian markets.
- Advising a leading insurance group in the Baltics, ERGO, on data protection matters related to the revision of recruitment documentation of the company.
- Advising a major local telecommunications company on various complex issues related to the protection of company’s intellectual property, including negotiations related to the creation, launch and branding of a new B2C IT product.