Employment and Immigration
“Growing reputation in the employment law field, acts on a wide range of instructions, including employee disputes and mass redundancies as well as contractual and regulatory advisory matters.
Experienced in assisting with trade union negotiations.”
(Chambers Europe, Employment, 2016)
Employment issues are crucial in every organization. Being one of the most complicated and sensitive, employment issues might significantly affect business activities and contribution of its employees to the goals of the company. Whereas, legal regulation in this area is complicated and frequently amended and the case-law often lacks consistency.
We have a sound employment practice. Our lawyers provide legal assistance to both employers and employees in all employment related matters from recruitment and incentive schemes to termination of employment and labour disputes. The team advice on all employment law issues related to business acquisition and mergers, executives’ compensation & benefits as well as preparation of confidentiality and non-compete agreements.
Responding to changes in the labour market, such as the increased movement of labour, we advise our clients on procedures, activities, sequence and requirements with respect to obtaining temporary residence and work permits.
Legal services include:
- Executive Compensation & Benefits
- Legal audit of employment relationships
- Employment issues related to business acquisition and reorganization
- Internal documents related with employment issues
- Employment Contracts
- Collective Agreements
- Innovative incentive schemes
- Trade Unions
- Visas, Work and Residence permits for the EU and EEC citizens
- Temporary employment
- Personal data protection
- Labour disputes
Our team’s experience includes:
- Successfully represented the leading provider of passenger transport services in the Baltic Sea Tallink Latvija AS as the employer in a cassation instance in a labour dispute related to termination notices given by the employer.
- Acting as an outsourced legal department of Turkish Airlines in Lithuania and providing full employment and migration law support to Turkish Airlines, including preparation of template employment contracts, helping obtaining residence and work permits, as well as helping to solve complex legal and tax related international cross-border employment matters.
- Successful representation of Latvijas Pasts VAS, the main state-owned postal service provider in Latvia, as an employer in a dismissal case.
- Representing Nippon Auto (Catwees Group), the main and exclusive distributor and dealer of the whole range of HONDA products in the Baltics, on their everyday employment law matters.
- Advising Lux Express, the biggest coach and passenger carriage operators in the Baltics, on internal legal restructuring of activities of the company by utilizing the cross border employee rent possibility, as well as dismissal of employees in specific circumstances due to their fault.
- Assisting Graanul Invest Group, the biggest wood pellet producer in Europe, in various employment matters.
- Legal advice on employment matters to Latvijas Maiznieks AS, the leading bakery in Latvia.
- Advised LHV Pank AS, one of the key subsidiaries of LHV Group, regarding employment of employees of a credit institution in Latvia and represented the client throughout the employee redundancy process.
- Advised PepsiCo Group Company Latvian Snacks SIA on employment matters.
- Advising SBA Group, a group of 27 enterprises running in Lithuania and foreign countries, in relation to matters of German business transfer from one group company to another group company, including issues on the transfer of the employees of the German office, as well as on lay-offs matters related to closure of a subsidiary in Germany.
- Advising a major company offering freight forwarding and supply chain management services in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, on potential ways of termination employees, who engaged in unfair competition, as well as lead the process.
- Advising one of the largest tyres manufacturers in the world on a wide range of employment matters, including, international employment relations, regulation and legally correct secondments of employees from Lithuania to Poland.