Our team advises participants of regulated markets (such as finance institutions, insurance companies, life sciences companies, etc.) as well as and other companies on various compliance issues.
We offer a full range of related services, including assistance in:
- preparation, implementation of compliance programs and the relevant follow up
- preparation of Codes of Conduct, setting up internal rules and procedures
- setting up whistleblowing systems
- internal investigations
- compliance related trainings
- compliance related matters, such as competition law, data privacy matters, etc. Our team works with ‘white collar’ crimes as well as advises Chief Executive Officers, Chief Compliance Officers and Compliance Officers in various compliance and legal issues, etc.
- assistance with respect to obtaining rights to employment, temporary residence permits, permanent residence permits and visas to the employees from outside the territory of the European Union
We advise on other closely compliance related matters, such as competition law, data privacy matters, etc. Our team works with ‘white collar’ crimes as well as advises Chief Executive Officers, Chief Compliance Officers and Compliance Officers in various compliance and legal issues.
Our team’s experience includes:
- Advising a French electronic communications operator on certain aspects of Latvian data protection rules. Our client is dedicated to deploying wireless LPWA (Low-Power Wide-Area) networks to connect low-energy objects (the Internet of Things).
- Advising a global France-based logistics company in respect of the contemplated introduction of whistleblowing system. Primus services involved advising on data protection rules and localization of group-wide whistleblowing procedures to the Latvian legal environment.
- Assisting a steel construction production company on elaboration of set of documents for registration of data processing (video surveillance in and outside the premises of the company) in the State Data Inspectorate.
- Assisting Riga Airport Commercial Development AS, HAVAS Latvia SIA (TAV Airports group companies) and Unifree Latvia SIA (a Unifree group company) in obtaining visas and temporary residence permits and permanent residence permits for the employees, management board members and members of the council of the companies.
- Assisting Riga Airport Commercial Development AS and SIA TAV LATVIA OPERATION SERVICES (TAV Airports group companies) in acquiring mandatory licences for operations of duty-free shops and business lounge in the International Riga Airport.
- Advised TAV Latvia SIA and Riga Airport Commercial Development AS (TAV Airports group companies) in daily matters related to compliance and data processing issues.
- Assisted Graanul Invest group, the biggest producer of wood pellets in Europe, in respect of improvement of model employment contracts.
- Advised SIA Havas Latvia (TAV Airports group company) in respect of consideration of compliance of template employment contracts used by the Company with the Latvian law.
- Provided comprehensive legal assistance to ensure that the opening and operation of LHV Pank branch in the Republic of Latvia is compliant with the laws and regulations of the Republic of Latvia. Primus elaborated the respective provisions of internal and external rules required for operation of the branch, such as internal rules in relation to anti-money laundering and terrorism financing prevention, outsourcing, internet banking, deposits, payment services, investment services, general terms and conditions, debit/credit cards, customers’ data processing, provision of credit limits.
- Provides legal assistance to AS Expobank in daily matters related to financial services and compliance.
- Drafted internal competition law compliance rules for a Latvian technical equipment distribution and engineering solutions company.
- Primus assisted international manufacturer of animal feeds in developing of employment related internal conduct rules and procedures.