Round table: opportunities in developing capital markets in the region – Poland and the Baltics
31 January 2018
Location: Estonian Embassy in Vilnius, A. Mickevičiaus str. 4A, Vilnius
70 EUR (60 EUR for the members of the Estonian and Polish-Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce)
Primus, Attorneys at Law, together with Polish Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce and Estonian Chamber of Commerce have a pleasure to invite you to
Round Table on opportunities in developing capital markets in the region – Poland and the Baltics
Key questions to be covered
By Q2 2018, the European Commission is set to propose a comprehensive EU strategy on steps that can be taken at EU level to support local and regional capital markets development across the EU. Our Round Table will address key opportunities in the region:
- What are the opportunities and challenges in developing capital markets in Baltic States and Poland?
- How can policy actions and support from governments contribute to enhancing local and EU capital markets ecosystem?
- Post 2020 – role of the government and private capital to fuel local economies.
- Financial institutions in the region – what role for new challenges and needs.
Program of the event
(Please note: the program might still be subject to some changes)
12.50 Welcoming Remarks
H.E. Jana Vanaveski, Ambassador of the Republic of Estonia
H.E. Urszula Doroszewska, Ambassador of the Republic of Poland
13.00 Opportunities in developing PE, M&A & Capital markets
- What is behind the global M&A slowdown, and what this means for the Baltics?
Darius Klimašauskas, Director at KPMG (Lithuania)
- Equity market trends in the Baltics, including secondary and primary market insights
Ivars Bergmanis, Head of Institutional Markets at LHV Bank (Latvia, Estonia)
- Key PE trends 2017-2018 Lithuania & Baltics
Šarūnas Šiugžda, Partner at LitCapital Investment fund (Lithuania)
Šarūnas Skyrius, Partner at M&A Baltics (Oaklins member firm) (Lithuania)
14.40 Coffee break
15.00 Role of regulators in creating support for local and regional capital markets and fintech ecosystem
- Role of regulators in creating support for local and regional capital markets and fintech ecosystem
Jekaterina Govina, Counsellor to Board Member at Bank of Lithuania
- Polish capital market – opportunity for CEE companies
Adam Kalkusiński, President of the Board at CC Group sp zoo (Poland)
- Raising growth capital for expansion via bond issues and private debt
Aare Tammemae, partner, Redgate Capital (Estonia)
- How to prepare and do an IPO?
Michal Pawlowski, Partner at K&L Gates (Poland)
Andrzej Mikosz, Partner at K&L Gates (Poland)
- How to rise capital to finance your growth
Juan Davi, President of the Management Board of Emirates & Europe Business Development Cluster (Poland)
- Panel discussion featuring speakers and
Zane Eglīte-Fogele, Partner at Primus, Attorneys at Law (Latvia)
Sebastian Król, Partner at Enterprise Investors (Poland)
Marius Vaščega, Economic Governance Officer in Lithuania at the European Commission Representation in Lithuania
Moderator: Robert Juodka, Managing Partner at Primus, Attorneys at Law
17.00 Glass of wine and snacks
Download the program: Round table: capital markets in the region
Registration is now open here.