Round table: opportunities in developing capital markets in the region – Poland and the Baltics
Date and time: 31 January 2018
Location: Estonian Embassy in Vilnius, A. Mickevičiaus str. 4A, Vilnius
Working language: English
Participation fee: 70 EUR (60 EUR for the members of the Estonian and Polish-Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce)
Primus, Attorneys at Law, together with Polish Lithuanian Chamber of Commerce and Estonian Chamber of Commerce have a pleasure to invite you to
Round Table on opportunities in developing capital markets in the region – Poland and the Baltics
Key questions to be covered
By Q2 2018, the European Commission is set to propose a comprehensive EU strategy on steps that can be taken at EU level to support local and regional capital markets development across the EU. Our Round Table will address key opportunities in the region:
- What are the opportunities and challenges in developing capital markets in Baltic States and Poland?
- How can policy actions and support from governments contribute to enhancing local and EU capital markets ecosystem?
- Post 2020 – role of the government and private capital to fuel local economies.
- Financial institutions in the region – what role for new challenges and needs.
Program of the event
(Please note: the program might still be subject to some changes)
13.00 Opportunities in developing PE, M&A & Capital markets
- What is behind the global M&A slowdown, and what this means for the Baltics?
Darius Klimašauskas, Director at KPMG (Lithuania)
- Investments in Lithuania and Poland
Jonas Kimontas, Fund Manager at Lords LB Asset Management (Lithuania)
- Equity market trends in the Baltics, including secondary and primary market insights
Ivars Bergmanis, Head of Institutional Markets at LHV Bank (Latvia, Estonia)
- Key PE trends 2017-2018 Lithuania & Baltics
Šarūnas Šiugžda, Partner at LitCapital Investment fund (Lithuania)
14.40 Coffee break
15.00 Role of regulators in creating support for local and regional capital markets and fintech ecosystem
- Role of regulators in creating support for local and regional capital market and fintech ecosystem
Speaker to be confirmed
- How can Polish financial institutions and investors contribute to creation of a viable market?
Speaker to be confirmed
- Raising growth capital for expansion via bond issues and private debt
Aare Tammemae, partner, Redgate Capital (Estonia)
- How to prepare and do an IPO?
Michal Pawlowski, Partner at K&L Gates (Poland)
Andrzej Mikosz, Partner at K&L Gates (Poland)
- Panel discussion featuring speakers and
Zane Eglīte-Fogele, Partner at Primus, Attorneys at Law (Latvia)
Sebastian Król, Partner at Enterprise Investors (Poland)
17.00 Glass of wine and snacks
Download the program: Round table: capital markets in the region
Registration is now open here.